TYPO3 Connect (FAL)
For the most up-to-date documentation, please visit docs.brix.ch
celum_connect_fal is a Typo3 FAL (file abstraction layer) implementation which allows to browse the files stored in Celum directly in Typo3.
- Rest-API (CORA) v3.2 or higher has to be installed.
- Either all assets intended for the usage in Typo3 need a public URL or the direct download plugin has to be installed in Celum as it is the fallback.
- Login into the Typo3 backend as an administrator
- Go to ADMIN TOOLS and select Extensions
- Click on Upload Extension and upload the
- Activate the extension in the extension overview
- Go to WEB and select List
- Scroll down to File Storage and add a new entry
- Select celum:connect (FAL) and enter a name, e.g. Celum
- Specify license key (obtained through brix)
- Enter the Celum API key for CORA
- Choose the locale in which the folders will be displayed, e.g. de
- Specify a default locale (used when the name isn't available in the language chosen above), e.g. en
- List your root node Ids as comma seperated list (all those nodes and their children (recursive) will be shown in your celum drive)
- Add your directDownload secret, if your directDownload plugin is using this feature (recommended)
- Enter the provider and description of the public URL for images and videos (not required, fallback is direct download), e.g.
- Specify a writable folder for manipulated and temporary files, e.g.
- Go to Access capabilities and uncheck Is writable?
- Save your configuration
- Go to FILE Filelist and you should see your Celum drive
The folder for manipulated and temporary files is required by Typo3 FAL but will not be visible.
1:_processed_ should always work. The storage 1 is the file storage which is automatically created by Typo3. _processed_ is the identifier of the processed folder in any storage.
Same as the File Storage.
4. Known Issues
- Not working with composer
- Original file size and not the one of the actual file is displayed (depends on public url and download format)
- Same for the file extension, creation date and modification date
Initial version of the CELUM FAL driver
Fixed size of image in the info view for version 9+ (scale to max 1024px as we cannot know what the download size will be, only the size of the original is known) and no more floating point pixel values.
Increased security by adding the new secret feature of the directDownload plugin.
Linux path fix. On Linux systems Typo3 sometimes requests the "//" or "" folder when it wants to get the root "/" which lead to errors on previous versions.
Add file extension to name, otherwise the thumbnail isn't displayed in the backend. Read width and height from the cache in the extractor, so that the image is editable in the backend.
Switched to guzzle. Better bug fix for invalid identifiers.
Several improvements, tested and working version for composer, configurable download format. Removed file logger for productive environment (standard error logger still active).
© brix cross media